In yesterdays post we discussed the benefits of using Linkedin to build your online professional network. While Linkedin in is free to join, there are certain premium accounts that provide access to additional upgraded features. So how do you know if a premium linked in account is right for you? We’ve listed some of the features that are available in each level of an account.
There are various levels of premium accounts including Business, Business Plus and Executive. While each account provides access to different level of services, we’ve highlighted some of the more prominent features here:
- With any level of a premium account, Linkedin offers the ability to contact an individual – without their contact information/email – on Linkedin with “InMail.” Linkedin also has a response guaranteed for InMail – if someone doesn’t respond within 7 days you’ll receive a credit to your account.
- You can gain access to premium filters that will allow you to perform a more advanced searches. With these advanced search options, you can view additional profiles and target prospective clients or employees that would be a great fit for your company.
- 3rd Degree connections are an important part of leveraging your professional network on Linkedin. With a premium account, you’re able to see a partial or full name of your 3rd degree connection.
- Linkedin is being used more and more by recruiters and Human Resource professionals to find qualified candidates to fill open job positions. Linkedin has a premium feature that will notify you when a candidate has met the qualifications of your position.
- With all premium accounts you can have access to the Openlink Network This enables you send anyone a message, or receive a message from anyone, that’s outside your network for free without seeing your contact information. This is a great tool when looking for potential candidates
For Job Seekers
- With a premium account, Linkedin will add a Job Seeker Badge to your profile to enable recruiters to find you easily.
- Many companies have made it possible to apply for a job right on Linkedin. With the premium account, your name will be moved to the top of the list when applying – you’ll become a “Featured Applicant.”
- The “Who Has Viewed Your Profile” feature is available for all premium accounts. It is especially important for job seekers because it allows access to information such as – how the person found you, and what connections you have in common.
If you’re interested in upgrading to one of these premium accounts, log into your Linkedin profile and at the top of the screen you’ll see your account type. If you do not use any premium accounts your account type will say “Basic.” Once you click on your account type you will be directed the premium page which will allow you to update your account.
If you’ve found this article interesting, be sure to join the Elements Linkedin Group. We’re posting new and useful content all the time!